Mold Remediation in Ventura County
Get Help from JW Home Care Today!
JW Home Care knows how dangerous a mold infestation can be, and we take your problem seriously. We treat your issue as though it were happening in your own home or business, and that means you can expect fast response, quality work, and friendly restoration technicians who see to your needs personally. This quality of service is why so many have come to trust us, and why so many continue to turn to us again and again for all of their mold remediation needs.
Upon arrival, our highly trained and IICRC certified technicians will evaluate the affected areas, compose a mitigation plan, and get right to work all while giving you the peace of mind that your home is in good hands. The sooner you contact JW Home Care, the sooner your home can get the help it needs to keep damage from spreading. The damage can spread through your entire home or business in a short amount of time. That’s why you need help, and you need it now.
Your Community is Our Community
Our Business And Our Technicians Are Local
One Call Handles It All
All Work Is Done By Our Crew
We Love What We Do
Helping Our Neighbors With Their Cleaning & Restoration Need Is Our Passion
Family Owned & Local Business With The Best Equipment & Technology
How Does Mold Form?
Mold doesn’t really “form” so much as it takes root and spreads quickly. Mold is actually everywhere around us in the form of spores floating through the air. These spores are small living organisms that are looking for somewhere they can take root, grow, and reproduce. In the aftermath of serious water damage from a flood, accident, or natural disaster, one of the most serious repercussions you could have to deal with is a mold infestation. Mold is a serious problem that can be extremely hard to escape from—it spreads quickly, is difficult to entirely eradicate, and doing so improperly can only make the issue worse by spreading spores. Mold is ugly and rather gross, but the true danger of mold is that it is a serious health hazard, particularly toxic black mold.
What Does Mold Need to Grow?
- A source of moisture: Usually in the form of either high humidity or a damp surface that remains wet for quite some time.
- A source of nutrients: Mold consumes carbon-based material, meaning everything from wood to cotton to food can make a great foundation for a mold colony.
- Protection from sunlight: Mold spores can’t survive in UV light, so they need to be protected from harmful radiation. This is why mold typically forms in dark places like closets and beneath sinks.
How Fast Does Mold Spread?
Once a spore takes root, it can spread rapidly. Mold grows and multiplies at an extraordinary rate, meaning even a small colony can grow to a huge problem in as little as just a few short days. It can take as little as 24 hours for mold colonies big enough to be seen easily by the naked eye to appear, and in many cases, the problem is actually considerably worse beneath the surface. Colonies are usually at their worst inside their walls, where limited airflow and containment means moisture levels remain high and near-total darkness provides great protection from sunlight.
How Do You Get Rid of Mold?
Completely getting rid of a colony once it spreads is an extremely difficult task, and runs the risk of filling your air with even more spores that could potentially cause health hazards as well as allow the mold to spread to other areas of your property. This is why professional mold removal is a must. While some DIY methods are out there, the EPA and most professional sources discourage attempting self-cleanup jobs, even on non-toxic mold species.
At JW Home Care, we understand how critical it is to do the job right. That’s why we always use the latest and greatest in mold remediation tools to tackle your job. Proper mold remediation is highly technical, requiring extensive knowledge, and our team has the training and skill to handle it and give you confidence and peace of mind.
Professional Mold Remediation You Can Count On
JW Home Care knows how dangerous a mold infestation can be, and we take your problem seriously. We treat your issue as though it were happening in your own home or business, and that means you can expect fast response, quality work, and friendly restoration technicians who see to your needs personally. This quality of service is why so many have come to trust us, and why so many continue to turn to us again and again for all of their mold remediation needs. If you have had any sort of spill, accident, or plumbing problem, you can’t afford to settle for second-best; make the call to JW Home Care and let us show you the difference a true professional team can make to your cleanup project.
The JW Home Care Restoration Mold Remediation Process
Due to the health hazards and the way spores travel so easily when disturbed, meticulous attention to every detail is necessary to prevent spread and further harm. Moreover, absolutely thorough mold removal is needed to prevent regrowth. Here is an outline of the typical mold remediation project.
- Inspection and test. This involves sampling the air and taking small samples from building materials, carpet, and furniture, and so on. The purpose is not only to detect the presence of mold, but to identify the exact species present in order to determine the best precaution and removal methods.
- Isolate the work area. In order to block spores, we hang plastic sheeting and set up special air exhausts to the outdoors along with continuous HEPA air filtering.
- Mold removal. Our workers must wear protective clothing and special face masks during the actual work.
- Mold abatement. We’ll apply non-toxic antimicrobials and sometimes apply sealants to deal with any spores left behind.
- Odor removal. As needed we can use special equipment to neutralize odors.
- Repairs. JW Home Care Restoration can replace any damaged building elements.
- A 3rd part test confirms that mold and its spores have been completely removed.
There’s an important distinction: mold and spores must be removed, not just knocked down with chemicals. Otherwise there’s likely to be another outbreak the next time conditions are right. Highly toxic black mold removal is the most critical, but many other species are also toxic. Our approved removal methods include sanding, wire brushing, HEPA vacuuming, and dry-ice blasting. Often, porous materials such as portions of drywall must be completely replaced. We know all the special places, such as inside air ducts, that also need to be taken care of.
Mold Prevention Tips
Once a particular outbreak has been taken care of, you’ll want to take precautions to avoid future problems. We’ll let you know if we spot any conditions you need to take care of, and here are a few general recommendations.
- Be on the lookout for leaks of any kind, including checking under sinks. A roof, window, and plumbing inspection every few years is often a good idea.
- Mop and dry spills and overflows immediately and thoroughly.
- Make sure the exhaust fans and vents in the baths and kitchen are working properly.
- Keep indoor humidity down. Most experts recommend below 45%.