Port Hueneme Mold Remediation
Comprehensive Property Clean Up & Restoration Services
Mold is a common problem in beach cities like Port Hueneme and, unfortunately, bleach and household cleaning products are temporary solutions. If moisture is present in a structure, mold spores are happy to grow, even under the best of paint primers. At JW Home Care, our mold remediation experts safely eliminate the health risks from your property and keep the spores from coming back.
Our inspection and mold removal services are available 24/7, schedule your appointment by calling us at (805) 443-3232 today.
All molds, regardless of color, release allergens and irritants that harm indoor air quality and cause symptoms such as:
- itchy eyes
- skin rashes
- runny noses
- mild, prolonged flu-like symptoms
Additionally, mold issues can lead to respiratory infections, and mold triggered asthma attacks. Specific types of black mold as well as other species also release neurotoxins that can lead to very serious health conditions.
How Our Experts Handle Mold issues
The EPA recommends hiring professional mold services for affected areas above 10 square feet (around 3 feet across). Our Port Hueneme team will thoroughly remove mold and spores without putting anyone at risk.
Our experts take the following steps when eliminating mold from a property:
- Assessment and testing: A visual assessment by one of our certified inspectors together with moisture measurements is often enough to determine the nature and extent of a problem. If there’s evidence of water damage thermal imaging can reveal hidden moisture. In some cases, it may be helpful to take samples of building materials, carpet, furniture, and indoor air for lab testing.
- Preparation: Our remediation process begins with isolating affected areas to prevent the spread of mold spores and other contamination. That involves setting up plastic sheeting as barriers, HEPA air filters, and negative-pressure exhaust. Even without black mold or other toxic species present our workers wear protective clothing and special respirators, and we seal wastes before transporting them through your home and Port Hueneme streets.
- Mold removal: It’s impossible to completely eliminate all spores, but we follow approved procedures to come as close to that as possible. For actual spore and mold removal, chem wipes are effective only for hard surfaces such as tile cleaning. For other surfaces we’ll use physical removal methods such as HEPA vacuuming, sanding, wire brushing, and dry ice blasting.
- Odor removal: If there’s lingering musty odors, we’ll permanently neutralize them with our ozone generators. The eco-friendly gas permeates deeply into the structure and soon itself decomposes into pure oxygen.
- Mold abatement: It’s often best to treat surrounding areas with procedures such as non-toxic mildicide application as well as air duct and carpet cleaning. New spores quickly make their way indoors, so the most important step in keeping mold from coming back is to correct the trigger for the outbreak — moisture. If there’s been a leak or other water intrusion, we can thoroughly dry out deep-down moisture, not just surface dampness.