You have discovered some mold in your home and want to know if it is safe to be around. Exposure to mold can cause many health issues or none at all. Some people are sensitive and some are allergic to mold, which can be more severe than to those who are not.
Mold can have an impact on your respiratory problems, for those that are more sensitive it can cause headaches, nose and throat (upper respiratory) symptoms, coughing and wheezing. Researchers have also found in some cases, the development of asthma in people who did not suffer from it previously. If you or anyone in your home experience any of these symptoms, you may want to remediate the mold to prevent permanent health issues from occurring.
Mold has been around for thousands of years and can appear in many different forms and colors and can have a foul odor as well. Mold grows where there is moisture, this can be indoors or outdoors. Mold can enter your home through vents, windows, AC units, and mold can even be carried in by attaching itself to shoes, bags, clothing and even our pets. It can be hidden within your walls, under your carpet or flooring and even in attics
There is absolutely no way to prevent mold from growing, but you can help control it.
Here are a few tips on controlling mold:
- Control the humidity levels by installing vent fans in your bathrooms and kitchen.
- Immediately fix leaking roofs & burst pipes.
- If you have had flooding due to weather or burst pipes, make sure to dry the area as quickly as possible to prevent moisture from saturating and allowing mold to grow.
JW Home Care employs IICRC Certified, Trained Technicians that can help with your Mold Remediation. We are there from start to finish and we are always available to answer any questions or concerns you may have during the process. Do not hesitate to give us a call today at 805-312-7935 where our friendly office staff is ready to take your call.