Serving All Goleta
Experienced Home Restoration Services
Independently owned and operated, JW Home Care is an insured, licensed, and certified mold remediation contractor for residential, commercial, and industrial buildings. We are BBB (Better Business Bureau) accredited and hold ourselves to the highest technical and professional standards. All our Goleta restoration technicians are provided with cutting-edge equipment specific to our industry. After an on-site assessment we’ll carefully plan out mold services specific to your situation so that you get everything you need without the expense of anything that you don’t need.
Schedule your appointment by calling our Goleta mold removal and restoration technicians at (805) 443-3232 today.
JW Home Care is here to help you restore your property after it has been damaged by fire, water or mold. A mold problem can grow from minor to major in as little as 24 hours. With mold indoors as well as outdoors, it’s impossible to eliminate 100%. But it’s common to speak in terms of mold removal from an affected area even though remediation is the more accurate term.
Do-it-yourself methods must physically remove as much mold and spores as possible. Bleaching only affects the surface and “kills” primers only block staining. Spores and allergens remain, and the fungus can be quite happy to keep on growing just below the surface. Unfortunately, any disturbance spreads allergens and toxins, so the EPA lays out specific techniques and strongly recommends professional mold removal services for problems larger than 10 square feet (roughly 3-4 feet across).
Our Mold Remediation Process
We follow EPA, IICRC, and OSHA requirements, procedures, and checklists to the letter. Besides assuring a complete and properly done job, that’s absolutely critical in protecting everyone’s health, especially when it comes to black mold removal.
Our procedures include:
- Inspection & test. A visual inspection along with moisture-detecting instruments assess the nature and scale of the problem, including locating possible hidden areas with excess moisture.
- Isolate & ventilate. Setting up plastic isolation barriers, HEPA air filters, and special exhaust prevents the spread of spores, toxins, allergens, and other contamination.
- Mold removal. Thorough removal of mold and spores proceeds through one or more methods, including wire brushing, sanding, HEPA vacuuming, and dry ice blasting. Infested porous materials such as drywall must be replaced.
- Safe disposal. Wastes must be sealed before transporting them through your building and through Goleta streets.
- Mold Abatement. Identifying and correcting the original moisture problem is the key component of preventing re-growth. That often involves careful leak detection. Other mold abatement measures include air duct cleaning, carpet cleaning, and non-toxic mildicide treatments.
- Odor removal. Ozone generators and thermal foggers can be used to remove any lingering musty odors completely and permanently.
- Re-test. It’s often wise to re-test with new air and surface samples to assure the completeness of the mold remediation effort.