If a fire occurs in your home, are you prepared? Would you know what to do? Let’s go over some tips to ensure you and your family know how to escape a home fire should the unfortunate happen to you.
Some tips for Home Fire Preparedness are :
- Make sure your children know how to dial 9-1-1
- If you do not have them already, install Smoke Detectors. Test them monthly and change the batteries at least once a year.
- Consider having one or more working fire extinguishers in your home. An extinguisher rated “A-B-C” is recommended for home use. Only adults who know how to properly use an extinguisher should handle one.
- You should have an escape plan and a family meeting point once outside the home. If you have pets, include them in your escape plan.
- Make sure everyone in your home is educated on STOP, DROP & ROLL should their clothing catch on fire.
- If a fire occurs in your home, Get Out as quickly as possible, Call 9-1-1 and Stay Out. Never go back inside for anything or anyone.
- If you must escape through smoke, get low and go under the smoke to your exit. Close doors behind you.
Contact your Insurance Company as soon as you can to report the damage and provide a general description of the damage.
JW Home Care Technicians are certified and highly trained in Fire Damage Restoration. We understand it can be stressful figuring out where to begin and we will help guide you through the process. We will work directly with your Insurance Company to ensure proper steps are being followed.